Choosing the right packers and movers is a different issue and choosing ones within your budget is another ball game. It is important that the two fit together for a smooth shifting experience. The tips shared below will help you to hire the best packers and movers in your budget. No need to compromise on quality if you can follow the pointers below.
- List– Yes, first prepare a list of packers and movers available near your area. Check out the facilities and perks they offer. Are there any discounts or schemes that take the number of kilometers into account? It is easy to make a list these days due to the internet. Ask for references in your family and amongst friends.
- Credibility– It is a fact that even though many packers and movers have a great number of years in the business, they do not have an online presence. Hence, do not blindly believe any home shifting company on the promises and claims they present online. Many services provide fake reviews as well. Check the legality of the packers and movers you are interested in. You can check if the company is credible or not by reviewing its business license. Do not fall for too-good-to-be-true offers as the company could not be credible. Do thorough backgrounds checks.
- Budget-Now, it will occur to you that budget is the first thing to start with. But, have you hired a packer or mover before or do you know how much certain services like packing and loading should cost? After you shortlist packers and movers, you can ask for quotations. In the quotations, they will specify the cost of each service and ask you to fill a form so that they can understand your need better. You can now compare the cost of services and arrive at a conclusive budget that suits you.
- Specifics– Be very specific and clear when you communicate with the representatives from the packers and movers you zeroed down. If you want a clear quotation then you have to be specific about the services you will need. At times you will think that packing is easy and you get a head start over it but won’t be able to complete on time. In the middle of transit, it’s difficult for representatives to come up with a new quotation. If it so happens then you might end up paying more than needed. So, to avoid last-minute arguments and expenses you have to be very specific about the requirements.
- Luggage– Show the representative and packing staff the entire luggage that needs to get moved. This is important as the number of items to be packed and moved will allow the representative to give an estimate. Remember you have to get quotes from 2 to 3 packers and movers to compare and select according to your budget.
- Assess the staff and vehicles– Yes, literally assess them in terms of strength and durability. The thing is many packers and movers over-commit and during on-season, they have tight schedules. The staff and vehicles are overworked and this can affect the way they pack, load and unload your belongings. Tired minds and feeble hands are not good for handling fragile electronics. Check the vehicle assigned for your household goods and see if the license and registration are in order. To avoid lots of physical maneuver over loading and unloading household items many companies have advanced machinery to help but at a price. See if your budget can accommodate these fancy loaders to be extra cautious.
- Inventory– It is important that an inventory is made. Share copies of this inventory with the vehicle driver, company representative and include it in the contract. This way everyone can cross-check the list in case anything was to happen. It is better to get this done before the move to get an exact quote. Many fake companies charm their way out of it and claim a high fee after making the drop.
- Be alert– Yes, this is crucial until your household items are delivered at your new address. Also, be aware of any storage needs to store the items in case you are delayed.
The entire ecosystem of business is centered on budgets so do not hesitate to bargain and debate. Hope the above tips to hire the best packers and movers in your budget help you out.