There are quite a lot of things that need to be managed before and after the move so here are a few “Tips to Make Your Long-Distance Move Run Smoother”.
These tips will not only provide you with an insight as to how helpful they are but also the reason as to why you need them so read well.
- Planning and organizing– Make a plan as to how to wish to deal with the move. Are you going to hire professional packers to do everything or you are going to do it yourself? Make a list of things that need to be done like alerting the post office, tax office and children’s school about address shift.
- Schedule it– The plan you made needs to be executed. Complete the payments of your utility bills, start comparing moving company costs. Start asking references for professional packers and movers. Sell or give away the items you do not intend to take with you. Stick to the schedule and follow it.
- Hire help– Professional packers and movers are a boon if you are short of time and need to make the long-distance move soon. Do your research about the company you want to hire. Check all their legal docs, licenses and insurance clauses. Ask for recommendations as well. Do not hesitate to ask questions to the representatives of the moving company. Ask for a detailed estimation and keep your eye open for hidden costs.
- Ink it– If you have decided to hire a professional moving company then you need to put down the terms on paper hence a contract. Add every bit of information including services required, inventory, costs, and the number of cartons involved in the move, type of packing material used, etc. This will give you a sense of calm that everything is documented.
- Address change notification– You have to send out address change alert to all the important offices like tax, electricity, insurance and other organizations so that you can receive your personal and professional letters at your new place.
- Positivity– It could be stressful to move and that to long distance. But, you have to keep the spirits high and be ready for any sudden decisions like storage facility in case weather changes or other emergency comes up. Try to work the nerves up and stay focused.