Packing is a big task if you are shifting with all your electronics, furniture, valuables, including clothing, shoes, etc. and decorative pieces. So for a safe and stress-free home shifting experience you need a strategy in place. You will start by hiring a home relocation expert but your input and supervision are also necessary as the good are your valuables.
So, what are these top ten strategies or packing tips that you need for a safe house moving experience?
- Boxes and more Boxes- Not just any kind of boxes, you need cardboard boxes. Boxes made of cardboard are durable, strong and do not get wet quickly. They are made from sturdy material and can be easily stacked on top of each other.
- Bubble wrap and clothing- You will need bubble wraps to pack fragile decorative pieces, electronics like TV, DVD players, etc. furniture like a glass table top, photo frames, etc. Old pieces of cloth or newspapers are required when you need to pack coffee mugs and other delicate open mouthed items. The cloth is usually stuffed into the opening of items like a coffee mug to provide extra padding and avoid friction when packed with other similar pieces. Bubble wraps provide a cushion like packing for fragile items.
- The essential collector- The essential collector is basically a bag that holds all your day to day items which you use on a daily basis like chargers for phone and laptop, cosmetics, set of fresh clothes to change, toiletries and medicines. If your goods include items for a baby then pack a separate bag of essentials for them that contain their diapers, sipper etc.
- Label moving boxes- This is an important packing tip. If you do not want to open all your packed items all at once searching for a particular item then label the moving boxes. Label according to the items packed like kitchen material, garage or simply as dishes, glass items, decorative pieces, etc.
- Stretch wraps- These come in handy for furniture movers. You can press and seal all pieces of furniture together by wrapping them up. Like a sofa set and a dining table where all the pieces easily stack on each other which makes packing up easy. This kind of stretch wraps ensure that furniture packed doesn’t take much place in the moving van.
- Pack the clothes- Clothes take up much of the packing space. They are an unavoidable part of lifestyle so use a strategy to pack them all up. Big clothing’s like sweaters, thermals; winter wear can be used instead of a bubble wrap. They give the much needed cushioning. Use vacuum seal bags for clothes as they take up less space.
- Nuts and bolts- Your bed sets, furniture pieces, and electronics need to reassemble after the home shift. Pack the nuts and bolts safely. Do not pack them in with the fragile items. Placing them in a jeans pocket or in the box with miscellaneous items will help you find them quickly.
- Sort out the mess- Before you start packing sort out stuff which needs to be packed and which doesn’t. To sell out all the unwanted items or give them for free – you choose. This gives you more place to pack all the important stuff and also minimize your movables.
- Stack the boxes in order- Once the loading van arrives, place the heavy boxes at the bottom and the lighter ones on top.
- Early start- schedule the packing and moving well in advance. This will give you time to sort, organize and label.
For a stress-free move, utilize all the above strategies for the next time when you shift your home.