Do you know how much hassle it is to pack, unpack, load and unload all the belongings by yourself? Do you want to experience a stress-free move without lifting a finger? Well, in this read we tell you ‘What to Expect from Full-Service Movers?’
Full-service movers as the term indicate do everything that needs to be done from sorting out items, packing them, loading, transportation, and unloading. They also disassemble and reassemble the furniture once they land on the destination. You don’t have to worry about the screws getting misplaced or not finding the right tools. Hire Full-service movers and just relax.
It might sound tempting to hire full-service movers but do you know how many services or what kind of services should you expect from them. Hiring full-service movers sound and feel very convenient but you still have some stuff to take care of. Don’t worry, it won’t be much as below is a great list for ‘What to Expect from Full-Service Movers?’.
- Inventory: Yes, the first and foremost thing you need to do is inventory. Make a list of items that you need the service for. Include everything no matter how small, fragile or sturdy it is. Mention details and number of items. Make a note of cracks, scratches, and tears that already exist on the items. You can even take photographs because visual evidence is very supportive. After the items are delivered at the destination, check them while they are being unpacked and tally them with your list.
- Sort out items- It is a fact that full-service movers will pack, load, unload and unpack items for you but there will always be a few essentials that you will need on your person at all times. You will want to designate or pack these items yourself. These items will be on your daily necessities list. Items like mobile and laptop chargers, hairdryer, an extra pair of clothes, socks, undergarments, first-aid kit and some snacks for yourself and kids. Toiletries are also a must so pack some of them. Important documents like certificates or bonds need to be cared for as well so keep them on top priority. Items like jewelry and cash can be stored in the lockers given by the full-service providers or you can carry them with you.
- Disassemble and empty: Full-service providers work best in a clean environment because they will need to have room for movement. Make it a point to remove any extension wires or chords to make space. This will avoid any trips or falls. Clean the refrigerator, oven and other appliances to avoid smell and leakages. Empty the water tray in air coolers and also clean the A.C filters. Unplug the appliances like fridges at least 24 hours before the packing does allow defrosting. Do not place any perishable items in it. Turn off the gas connections as well. You can even disassemble furniture by yourself and carefully place the screws and hinges but if you like at extra cost the full-service providers will take care of it too.
- Downsize: Now sort out important stuff is easy but what about the irrelevant or old items. It is crucial to downsize. Try to sort out items into toys, old electronics, and clothes, etc. This will decrease the items to be packed. You can choose to have a yard sale or give it up for free. Do what’s best for you.
- Safety first: There is a list of items that cannot be transported unless necessary arrangements are made. These include Aerosol cans, gas cylinders, batteries of any capacity or size, nail polish removers, cleaning fluids, gasoline, fireworks and arms, fertilizers, kerosene, and propane tanks. Separate the items listed above and ask the service to provide about arrangements for these if you need them at your new home. You can also transport these in your vehicle or you can dispose of them as per regulations.
- Insurance: Purchase moving insurance from the full-service provider for the extra assurance for your items. There will always a chance that something could go on the route so being cautious is wise. The standard insurance provided by full-service providers is called Replacement Value Protection and it covers around 60% of the cost of the items. Always be around to supervise the items while they are being packed and unpacked. Full-service providers are experts in their own right but you must stay around.
Full-service providers are an important part of the logistic business so seek these services from a trustworthy and experienced mover. Keep the children and pets away from trouble and work zone.